Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

A 100th Day at School 5 for Friday

Is it really Friday?? What a wonderful week we have had, one of those ones where we completely worked our butts off and enjoyed every minute.

Today was our 100th Day at school & the first ever time I have celebrated it thanks to all the great ideas that I had pinned. We had a blast! Earlier in the week we made these awesome 100 pictures inspired from here
 An elephant.

A Candy Bulldozer/Digger

We also aged ourselves with the Oldify app (it's free) and used them in this freebie writing template. An awesome activity but one which has left me scarred for life. I won't post mine for the terrifying factor but I did put it on instagram if you want to check it out. My niece got in on the action on the weekend too.




Today the kidlets walked in to this sign from Seusstastic Classroom up on the SmartBoard.




Their desks were all layed out with their 100th Day 'folders' (I bought A4 envelopes instead of folders, they worked great), supplies for their hats, glasses, a certificate (also from Seusstastic) and a 100's chart.

We then spent the morning making our hats & glasses. We looked dapper.

Then we had the cake one of our Mum's made us, weren't we lucky?!

Then after recess we made our Cheerios necklaces using the template from here to lay them out first.

The same Mum also made us these awesome gifts to take home.


So this has been a one topic 5 for Friday.

I hope you have had an awesome week!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Hi Bec,

    We had our 100th Day of Prep today too! So much fun. Loved seeing what you did!

    Rainbow Lily
    Rainbow Lily Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec, this looks awesome!! I postponed our 100th Day celebrations until next week, and I'm kind of glad I did because I'm inspired by your cool activities. It's such a fun milestone to celebrate with our students! Love the idea of having the 'folders' laid out and ready to go!

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Jem! I had rotations planned (cup building, pattern making, gum ball craft) and a 100 snacks planned but we didn't get to it. Hope yours goes well too!

      Delete
  3. Hey Bec– love the '100' art. Hadn't seen that one before. Thanks for tip!
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a super fun 100 Day Celebration! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I just downloaded that Oldify app to use on the 100th day! It is SO incredibly frightening, haha, but so fun :)

    Little In Betweens
    (formerly Teach on a Limb)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the 100 day art too! So glad you got to have your 100 days celebrations before me!!!! I am going to make those glow stick 100 day brighter - I love them!
    Thanks
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

09 10