Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Teacher survival kit

In my 9 years of teaching, I have managed to have a lot of student teachers, so many I've lost count. I'm not sure how the system works in the US but here in Australia, students are sent out from Universities from their 1st year, increasing their placement time until their final, 4th year of University. 


Sometimes it can be really hard to work out what to give them as a parting gift but I've made a few rules for myself that have worked. 

First year & Second Year- Card from the students.

Third Year- Card from students, A Picture story book or two, hard cover when possible.

Fourth Year- Card from the students, a class photo and a Picture story book or my "Teacher Survival Kit". 





The Survival Kit is really easy to make and I vary what I put in it depending on the student and what I can find at the cheap shops. 

Some of the more common items are:
-basket or bag that they can reuse for their classroom;
-a big bucket of chalk;
-coffee sachets, tea bags, mints, etc;
-stickers & stamps;
-pens, textas, crayons, etc;
-notebooks, planners, a diary;
-a big box of bubbles and a copy of Lauren's Self-Control Bubbles;
-award certificates, ribbons or bracelets.

Do you have any other great gift ideas? Leave your comments below.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10